Sunday, September 6, 2009

Still Developing


I developed film for the first time last week all by my lonesome. I have all the charts and most of the equipment ready though I think I need some Kodak Photo-Flo to work on keeping those water spots at bay. I also need to get a new scanner because my ancient UMAX just isn't cutting the mustard on scanning in the negatives. The only way I could really get them to turn out enough to post was by taking a white sheet of copy paper and taking a picture with my Nikon D40.
All in all it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, I pretty much assumed my first run wouldn't turn out at all. I was even warned not expect a lot out of the first attempt so I used a roll that I knew really wasn't worth a damn. It was a surprise when the pictures started showing up just like you hoped and imagined.
Now to take about 20 more rolls of film and do this all over again. Can't wait. I really can't wait till my girlfriend arrives from Brazil that way I will have something to take pictures of other than Brandon and his dog. Not that they aren't great models but....

No comments:

Post a Comment